THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T

Toivo

Tonight for my son and his future brides rehearsal dinner we are serving pulled pork and chicken sandwiches along with coleslaw, beans, homemade mac & cheese and cheesy potatoes. Beverages are homebrew and homemade blueberry merlot wine along with geuwertztraminer. I smoked 35Lbs of pork butts and 10 whole chickens. Should be good times with friends tonight.

You'll love it. For our rehearsal dinner (mine and my wife's) my dad and I did almost the same menu you're doing, except we did brisket instead of chicken, and it was a huge hit.

edit: If you're son likes to cook or Q at all, I'd suggest including him. Yeah he's really busy with the wedding and all, but helping my dad with this stuff was a very welcome break from all the pre-wedding headaches (and good time spent together). I do, however, have an obsession with cooking/grilling/que'ing so YMMV.

I must have not received my invitation! That sounds fantastic!

You'll love it. For our rehearsal dinner (mine and my wife's) my dad and I did almost the same menu you're doing, except we did brisket instead of chicken, and it was a huge hit.

edit: If you're son likes to cook or Q at all, I'd suggest including him. Yeah he's really busy with the wedding and all, but helping my dad with this stuff was a very welcome break from all the pre-wedding headaches (and good time spent together). I do, however, have an obsession with cooking/grilling/que'ing so YMMV.

He actually graduated from college April 30th and started a job in Milwaukee on May 2nd so he was out of town when I did all the smoking. He is home today, but he is golfing while his mom and I are getting everything together for tonight. He is a excellent cook and we did use his rub and sauce recipes.

Congratulations! I wish we would have had that for our rehearsal dinner.sounds great!

There will be some great memories made there! We did the same thing for our Son & his bride a few years ago and they still talk about it. Much, much more enjoyable that a restaurant setting IMO. We didn't limit it to just the wedding party. We had many of our family & friends join us, ~75. Gawd that was a fun evening. Cheers & Congrats Dad!!!

Back