THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OUTSTANDING!!! :thumb:

I'm go'nna make some of those, course I might have to hit 'em with a little Death Dust right after they come out of the fryer... :becky: :twisted:

Thanks. Better yet, just replace the seasoned salt with the HDD and
voila, Death Rings. :becky:

"Put some sting in your ring with Death Rings!" :shocked: :p

John

I'm flattered that you'd try it. Please let me know what you think.

John

Going to split the batch in two and add HDD to the 2nd half like was suggested above! Also making some NY strip steaks and a salad to round out the meal. Ill try and post some pics if I can, it's hard with the new baby to get a chance to do more than look at the forums occasionally on my phone app. Your pics are what got my wife convinced to watch the kids so I can que some :)

Going to split the batch in two and add HDD to the 2nd half like was suggested above! Also making some NY strip steaks and a salad to round out the meal. Ill try and post some pics if I can, it's hard with the new baby to get a chance to do more than look at the forums occasionally on my phone app. Your pics are what got my wife convinced to watch the kids so I can que some :)

Pics are always appreciated, but not necessary. I don't subscribe to the "no
pics, didn't happen" mentality. Sometimes life gets in the way of
photography. :wink:

John

I like it !

I am toying with making a frankenweber, just looking for a C.L. turkey fryer... Having the base / burner will allow me to do some frying outside, I am now adding these to my "must fry" list.... I have never made onion rings or fried chicken, both best done in the great outdoors.

OnionRings_1_5.jpg

Serve and enjoy!

(Makes about 8 servings)

Now John, this looks like 2 servings. Awesome! :clap2:

So I made these tonight

PatioDaddio's Deadguy Onion Rings!

I used Rogue Deadguy Ale for the beer and mixed in some HDD, I also used SM season all instead of salt. I halved the ingredients and the only thing I would change for next time is I think I'd use less flower in the batter. Without further adieu here are the pics.

DSCN1563.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1577.jpg

DSCN1578.jpg

DSCN1579.jpg

DSCN1588.jpg

I'll amend the recipe to state that you want a batter that's a little
more loose than pancake batter, and to add more beer if it's too
tight (thick).

Thanks for the feedback.

John

Yes I liked them and am now obligated to cook them for my mother-in-law after my wife called her and bragged and rubbed it in that I made her home made onion rings as she loves them.

Like I said I think there was a little to much flour in my batter. I started with 1 cup (remember half batch) and it looked really runny so I added in the 1/4 cup to bring it up to half required and next time I won't.

The SM season all sprinkled on instead of salt (also used in batter) after frying really set these off and I used them to mop up some of my steak juice as well for an amazing burst of flavor. I'd definitely call it time well spent making these and will again. Thank you John for the idea and recipe and if you want to use any pics let me know I can get you unaltered ones as well. My camera skills are lacking so I wont hold it again you if you don't. :)

Back