THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me more abut this cook. Rub(s) used? Temp? No foil or BP I assume? Pellet of choice? Its non traditional for today, but after a couple/three years it might be y'alls tradition...

Tell me more abut this cook. Rub(s) used? Temp? No foil or BP I assume? Pellet of choice? Its non traditional for today, but after a couple/three years it might be y'alls tradition...

-St. Louis ribs
-Remove membrane
-Apply rub (I love Texas BBQ Rubs ‘Texas BBQ Rub’ or ‘Grand Champion’) place back in fridge for about 1-2 hours before cooking
-Set controller to 240° and place ribs on upper grate (assuming you have one)
-I let ribs go for 2.5 hours before lifting the lid for the 1st time.
-Starting at around the 2.5 hour mark, I start spritzing with 50/50 apple juice-apple cider vinegar
-I spritz every 45 minutes or so until they are about an hour from being done
-I check for doneness w/ a toothpick. They’ll probe like butter when done.
-When they are about an hour from being done (almost probing like butter) I will sometimes glaze w/ bbq sauce diluted with water and honey to a syrup like consistency and sometimes leave dry... just depends on mood.
-For St. Louis spares it takes about 6-7 hours.

I used to wrap, but have never done so with the MAK as I absolutely love the results I get without that step.

Back