THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamo Bone Collector kills tree rats dead no problem

IMAG0085.JPG

If your in the suburbs,.. which it sounds like you are, throw out that stuff Smitty and Paul are talkin about. Or,... call a pest control guy.

.... there are many options for out in the sticks,.. but 5 barn cats works the best for us.

Good luck, nobody likes filthy stinkin' rats !

Kevin

I'm with Jeanie, snakes will do the trick. Once the food source is gone, the snakes will go looking else wheree.

I grew up in a house surrounded by squirrels, and rats and chipmunks which tunneled into the retaining walls and went into the garage. We had rat traps in the garage, where the squirrels usually did not go, for the rats. My dad also made sure I had a good air rifle, and paid me a dime for each tail I gave him. In all my own homes, the dogs have guaranteed that vermin don't take up residence. A 15 lb dog is more than a match for a rat.

We have a hunting cabin that is pretty far off the grid so we get an occasional critter. If you decide to use the Snap Traps that are for Rats I suggest you screw them to a 2x4. We would set them, and leave and when we came back the traps would be gone. Those rats can drag them off if they just get a leg or tail. The other option is those sticky pads. If you catch something other than a rat, just pour vegetable oil on them and it breaks down the adhesive and the critter leaves. Caught my squirrel dog once on a sticky pad. She had her back right thigh stuck to her right ear. It was funny, but she didnt think so. A little veggie oil and she was good as new.

The drop baits that dehydrate them work very well, although they are not selective. So if your dog or cat or kid got into one, you would have the same results that you would have with a rat. They work very well, just make sure you are safe with them.

Good luck on whatever you decide and time is not on your side, so be quick about it.

Cut down that mulberry tree and use the wood for smoking. Sounds like the berries are giving them a food source. We had one in the backyard and a hive of bees swarmed and settled on the tree to build a new nest. Called the bee keeper he took them bees and I cut that tree down.

Build the better rat trap. Half full bucket of water, weighted wooden block on 1 side, peanut butter on other side, ramp to lip of bucket.

Critter in, drowns, weight resets, bait up for the next 1

Back