THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin
Staff member
Admin
Name or Nickame
Phil
Picture is a little off, but finish on these were like glass. The pieces down the center were the sides cut from the bone on 3 oversized thighs and fanned down the center. Parsley bed was even, typical putting green with minimal showing.

Please score... thanks..

Attachments

From the photo the back right and front right thigh look scorched. For me the color isn't appetizing. From the picture I have to go 7.
Good lord man, that's one of the best looking chicken boxes I have ever seen. I would love to see what you think is a 9 because I just tried to reach through the screen and snatch one up. It's BBQ, and it looks BBQ'd and yumdiddlyscrumptious

ELEVEN! Oh wait y'all only go to 9 so a TEN! Definitely a beatiful box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off-hand, quick glance-9

I assume that there are 6 of the cut pieces and not 5, it sort of looks like 5, which would be bad. I could drop to eight if the color is a little less even than it appears in the image.

Off-hand, quick glance-9

I assume that there are 6 of the cut pieces and not 5, it sort of looks like 5, which would be bad. I could drop to eight if the color is a little less even than it appears in the image.
there are 6. Look close at top.. thats 2 pieces.

Looks Great to me.
Not gonna judge the Grand PooBah.

Im a member too! :yo:

Trying to gauge if I'm nuts or the judges were drunk. Honest opinions are helpful to everyone. :thumb:

soooooo.. pick a number... 1-9. 8) any number... eenie meeny mine mo....

Im a member too! :yo:

Trying to gauge if I'm nuts or the judges were drunk. Honest opinions are helpful to everyone. :thumb:

that case I have never been to a judging of any kind of food competition, so I am totally unqualified to even take a guess. But I will say I can't see anything wrong with them at all.
They look real Damn Tasty to me.

I give it a 9 as well. I am having a hard time with pieces down the middle. Just not use to seeing that and seems out of place to me. Want a shine on that chicken. Great job.

My guess is that it wasn't 43rd because of appearance. If I showed you a pic of my pork box (if I had one) you'd think 22 was a screw job also. I don't think teams win or lose because of appearance scores. However, taste/tenderness anomalies always concern me. Our first place brisket got a 5 in taste from one judge (no comment card and obviously tossed out). Nice job on your 5th place Pork call.

Back