American Wagyu Beef Chuck Eye Steak

cheishman

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Curtis
Hi All! New user to the forum. Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions.

I ended up with a 6.5 pound piece of Snake River Farms American Wagyu Beef Chuck Eye Steak (see attached picture). I have not used this cut before, but am looking for suggestions. I have a large Big Green Egg, and lots of experience with it. I've done everything from briskets to whole prime ribs and many other delicious experiments :-D

Planning to feed four people on Friday, so I have lots of it to experiment with. I was thinking I may cut it in half and do half as a long, low and slow brisket style pulled beef. And the other half I would do to medium/med rare and slice like a ribeye roast. If I do a ribeye roast style, I may do that half in the sous vide first and then sear on the egg at a high temp when done? Or maybe try and just smoke it the whole time until it reaches that med rare zone.

Haven't made any decisions yet, so any suggestions are welcome and I look forward to seeing people's ideas. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7894.jpg
    IMG_7894.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 63
Never seen a chuck eye roast , I like the steaks and would say smoking the whole thing then slicing would be great, I wasn't aware that there was that much of the CE on a beef, Why do I only see a couple of steaks per pack?

Back