THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I add this only for the "reheating brisket" search that I did today.

Suggested: 300-350F oven with the brisket covered by foil with some beef broth (I had none, read on...) until 170F.

Momma asked me to whip up some "Mop Sauce" for the brisket (I don't think my brisket needs "sauce")...
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Juice/Cider
- Bourbon
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Barbecue Dry Rub

Combined and boiled until it reduced to about 3/4 Cup.

Added about 3-4 Tbs of Mop Sauce and some water to the pan before I reheated the brisket in the oven.

Happily, the meat was very tender and delicious. Sadly, it should've been this way straight out of the smoker last night.

My mistake should be others' learning point.

Looks like you nailed it!!!!

That okra looks killer, been a long time since I've had fresh.

Great way to rewarm it too. I usually just get a CI skillet and add a bit of water and steam it real quick. Got to try your way next time :thumb:

Dave, you're most kind.

Mrs. Shadow's fried okra is pretty ridiculous, and I selfishly grabbed all I could.

Mop sauce or other liquid (a bit of water or some such) in cast iron to help reheat/rewarm... is key. Bring the temp up to 170-180F... then slice.

Good Job Shadow!! I'm little late here ( spent all day yesterday in class for my Tx LTC) No need to unwrap to probe it, take a knife and put a small slit 1/2"or less in the paper over the thickest part of the flat.

Thanks, Blu.

Much as you might not know it, I appreciate your words.

I've learned much on this cook.

Thanks.
Shadow

Pffffft... making progress.... USMC

Always appreciate the words of a veteran.
You have my thanks and admiration.

Heck yeah! Looks outstanding Shadow! I love the fried okra side, can't get enough of that stuff.
Very well done Sir!

Back