Quick Turn In Times

jgh1204

Babbling Farker
There is a cookoff at a local festival saturday, Onionfest(celebrates the 1015 onion), and they are having a bbq cookoff for the first time.

I was supposed to do something else Saturday, so I was not going to enter. Now my plans have changed and I am volunteering to judge.

When I first investigated this event, I thought the turn in times where quick, but I thought I was mis-understanding something.

The meat inspection is at 9AM on Saturday and pork spareribs are due at 1:30PM. Doesn't seem like enough time to me.

BTW, Chicken is at 2PM.

Thoughts?

The meat inspection is at 9AM on Saturday and pork spareribs are due at 1:30PM. Doesn't seem like enough time to me.

BTW, Chicken is at 2PM.

Apparently its a grilling contest or the organizers like to watch paint peel off fireboxes!?!

5 hour chicken is no problem, but 4 1/2 hour ribs? WTF is up with that? And why do you need more time for chicken than ribs?

Best of luck jgh, it should be interesting anyway!!

BTW, pan de campo is a flat bread cooked in a dutch oven. Pretty tasty hot and fresh. Makes a dang good frisbee cold.

I did not enter this for the followin reasons.

1. Too expensive for the payout(I dream of placing in the $$)
2. Turn in times not realistic.
3. I only like two of the categories, ribs and chicken. I like fajitas, but that aint bbq.
4. No brisket, if they did, the turn in time would probably be 10:30AM. :)

If you can start your cooker before 9:00 then it's not a problem. You can make some excellent ribs in 4 hours at 275.

Back