THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tinman

Knows what a fatty is.
Merry Christmas everyone!

I am tossing some ribs on for tonight, and I had a hiccup in my plan. Apparently ribs are popular at Christmas, and I was not able to find babybacks anywhere. I did end up picking up St. Louis spares though. I have only done spares once on the UDS and I foiled them.....tasted great but were too mushy. The past few months I have been doing babybacks, no foil and loving my results. I usually see where my UDS settles (generally 265-275ish)...and they have been coming out at or just under 4 hours perfectly done. Will my current method serve well for these also, or should I plan for shorter time? I am planning to eat at 5, so they will go on very soon here.
Thanks!
Tinman

I never foil and I mostly cook spares 275 4-4.5 hrs or until they start weeping then Shut down the dampers and ride it down perfect bite through clean bone every time. I measure the temp on the cooking surface YMMV

Thanks guys! I put them on an cranked it up to 300 and then it settled at about 260. I am going to try to keep it up at 275 , which is tough because my UDS loves to park at 260.
I tossed on some ABT's, a naked fatty, and two turkey legs I had on hand; so regardless, we will have protein come 5:00.

Back