THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STX Cue

Full Fledged Farker
Hello all...

For the first time in more than 25 years of cooking barbecue I have foiled a brisket today. Being from Texas, I found the moniker "Texas Crutch" offensive and therefore refused to use foil for anything barbecue related. I don't need a crutch to make my food taste good. On the flip-side, when I picked up my new pit from Pitmaker, they said they foil after a couple of hours, so I thought I might try it out. The old dogs can try new tricks, I guess...even if learning is beyond us.

Back to the question...does the brisket return to the smoke like ribs in the 3-2-1 or do I just pull it when it is ready and cooler it?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

^^^I'm with outnumbered kinda, I use butcher paper when it's prob tender and rest it in a cooler for 2 hours. I don't like to use foil while cooking brisket cause it farks up the bark.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I wrap between 155*-165* depending on color then straight to the cooler when butter feel. Rest 3-4 hrs. I don't want any 'bark'. Not that there's anything wrong with bark but it's hard to get a good clean slice if there is to much.........DISCLAIMER........I only cook briskies for comps though.

Back