THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it okay to quote yourself or am I nuts? Whatever I just did it....

The two most important questions were not answered.:-D

Patrick

Just answer this question on the online form: "Are you a member of a cooking team? If so, what is your cooking team's name?" They will then associate your team name with your name.

Moink balls... I'm probably not the person to answer in much detail because I've never made one! :shock::shocked::shock::shocked: But in short, I believe I'm correct in saying they're beef meatballs (Moo) wrapped in bacon (oink) and smoked. I'm guessing everyone has their favorite additions to add flavor.

Read some of the stuff on the New Member Forum - a lot of questions can be answered there. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27 And each forum should have a "Roadmap" thread that gives a lot of info too.

Moink balls... I'm probably not the person to answer in much detail because I've never made one! :shock::shocked::shock::shocked: But in short, I believe I'm correct in saying they're beef meatballs (Moo) wrapped in bacon (oink) and smoked. I'm guessing everyone has their favorite additions to add flavor.

Do you then smoke them?? Sounds like something I have pulled out of a crockpot at a drunken new years eve party. I guess I will have to make some meatballs and try them on the smoker.

Pre-made, beef, frozen meat balls wrapped in bacon, hit with the rub of your choice and smoked. Some like to dip the MOINKs in sauce durring the last 20 to 30 minutes of smoking.

If I intend to take advantage of the benefits of an organization, I consider it my obligation to support that organization.

i do support the organization...every time a write an entry fee check.

with that said, what jeff and now yourself are saying makes me think i should reconsider and become a member.

voting and all makes alot of sense. :-D

thank guys and gals. :thumb:

If I intend to take advantage of the benefits of an organization, I consider it my obligation to support that organization.
That pretty much sums it up for me - although I did enjoy your write up, Jeff.

I also subscribe to this site for the same reason. The people here have saved me countless years of experimentation and who knows how many cash dollars wasted on meats gone wrong. Competition equipment suggestions, prep and cooking methods - wow. It's A LOT!

One of the benifits of joining is the chance to vote on who will represent you on the BoD. If there are problems with KCBS (and there are) the only way to solve them is to VOTE in the elections. For the past few years the voting is done via computer, you don't even have to walk all the way to the mail box ..... but only about 1/4 of the eligable members vote.
Please people, if you don't vote, don't beotch!

One of the benifits of joining is the chance to vote on who will represent you on the BoD. If there are problems with KCBS (and there are) the only way to solve them is to VOTE in the elections. For the past few years the voting is done via computer, you don't even have to walk all the way to the mail box ..... but only about 1/4 of the eligable members vote.
Please people, if you don't vote, don't beotch!

I"m one of the 1/4 that votes, but I'd do my best to vote at least twice if you threw your hat in the ring next cycle. :-D

I cook primarily Pacific Northwest BBQ Assn. events so I am a member.
In order to attend a BBQ class sponsored by the CBBQA I had to join the organization and with the membership you receive the National BBQ News, other than that, I haven't cooked any California events yet. When I became a KCBS CBJ a years membership came with it and every year I flip flop on whether to renew or not, since KCBS events are far and few around here and the Bullsheet isn't really relavent to me-the articles by Bob Lyons do not represent what is happening in the Pacific Northwest. But for some reason it just feels right to support KCBS.

Back