THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Mom had one of the ORIGINAL ones,it was just a grill to us.I ran into it with my bike and thumped it over and broke it. Never had a steak that special again.Funny how memories haunt the soul.

I reached out to the maker of the Vortex about what size for a PK. We had a great conversation it turns out he has a PK and the Vortex doesn't work like it does on a Weber. No Vortex wings.

I gave my PK Classic to my brother because I preferred my Weber Kettle to it. Something that really annoyed me about the PK is that you have to pay extra for a SS grate. Not cool when the grill is already over 400 bucks. I had the grill grates, but honestly wouldn’t buy them again. They’re great for sear marks if that’s something you’re into, I prefer cooking on the SS grate.

On a side note, I feel that the 360 is way expensive for something made in China. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really off topic based on the original questions, but I am just curious.

What Weber Kettle comes with a stainless grate? As far as I know they come standard with a plated steel grate and stainless is an additional cost option.

What Ron said. All of it.

I have had good luck with briskets on mine, but I separate flat and point and use the extra rack.
I cook on a PK Classic at the lake and never thought there was room for a brisket, at least not a 14 lb packer. Separate and use an extra rack? Might be an interesting experiment.

You will love it. I have the original with Grill Grates. It does not take a lot of fuel to get them crazy hot. The first few times I used it I was running way too hot so I had to close it down and wait a bit. After a few cooks I dialed it in and now I can fill my chimney to the desired level and roughly hit my desired temp based on lit coals.

Enjoy!

I think PK grills are great. They hold heat very well and are pretty easy to dial in. They also don't use much charcoal. I prefer the 360 over the classic for the many upgrades it has. Your wife sounds like a keeper.

I think PK grills are great. They hold heat very well and are pretty easy to dial in. They also don't use much charcoal. I prefer the 360 over the classic for the many upgrades it has. Your wife sounds like a keeper.

Most definitely...:grin:

I just picked up a very slight used Classic PK today....... been looking for months for a used one. I have two Eggs, a PBC, a Webber with SlowNSear plus my LSG vertical offset BUT wanted this classic grill just for hot and fast steak. The guy I bought it from bought his first one in the 50's for $35. He is 91 years old. The grill is in amazing condition. Steaks tonight!

I just picked up a very slight used Classic PK today....... been looking for months for a used one. I have two Eggs, a PBC, a Webber with SlowNSear plus my LSG vertical offset BUT wanted this classic grill just for hot and fast steak. The guy I bought it from bought his first one in the 50's for $35. He is 91 years old. The grill is in amazing condition. Steaks tonight!

Congratulations, mine is expected to arrive tomorrow by "End of Day".

Thanks, but you are getting a 360, right? If I did not have the Weber, BGE, etc., I would be an owner of the 360. They have them at a dealer about two miles from me so I have examined them many times. Wow!

Make sure to let us see your new PK when it gets delivered tomorrow, Bill.

Thanks, but you are getting a 360, right? If I did not have the Weber, BGE, etc., I would be an owner of the 360. They have them at a dealer about two miles from me so I have examined them many times. Wow!

Make sure to let us see your new PK when it gets delivered tomorrow, Bill.

Yup a 360, will most definitely share a pic or two of the new arrival.

Back