Question for anyone who has ordered a Franklin Brisket on Goldbelly.com

I am a very driven individual. I also have a BFA and a Master's degree

1. Yes, I graduated from FCI in 2008
2. I owned the bar for about 8 years before selling it (for a profit)

Anything else you want to know?

Sorry that you fainted. I hope you didn't hit yourself. But then again...

Sounds like a brisket expert.

"I am a very driven individual. I also have a BFA and a Master's degree

Sorry that you fainted. I hope you didn't hit yourself. But then again..."

can't argue with excess

Last edited:

That's awesome! A lot of folks on this board as well. We have engineers and chemists too. Not everyone here bbqs on the front porch/driveway.

You are on one of the only places that people come to to avoid drama. I'm glad you are successful. I'm sure you put a lot of hard work to get where you are. We have no reason to dislike you for doing well. Just think of us this way...
We're a tight group of friends that grab a drink, login, post about cooking / cookers / food / family. don't let this one thread and my smart @ss comments deter you. We're good people. I'm sure you are too. By the way, I'm the real joke teller around here no matter what anyone might tell you.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I didn't start this. This guy made some useless, not needed comments. I don't wait back and just take it. Sorry. I hope went the same message to this guy that you just sent to me

My GAWD!!!

Miss a little miss a LOT around here!

Kevin, it’s your farkin money so you do what the FARK you want with it!

The non math doing haters in this thread are green with envy, FARK’EM!

They never ONCE stopped to think what it would cost you today to go from California to Austin to stand in line for hours to buy a pound of moist. However, if you did that? These same haters would be saying “HELL YEA!!! I’m soooo jelly you got that brisky!!!”

FARKEM!!!

p.s. I would love to see a review!

I didn't start this. This guy made some useless, not needed comments. I don't wait back and just take it. Sorry. I hope went the same message to this guy that you just sent to me

It's just not the NY way. You have to have been there to get it. It is not unusual to see strangers yelling at each other on the street. "I'm not yelling. I'm Italian. That's how we talk."

:becky:

Wow.... this thread seriously de-railed lol.

Ugh... yesterday tracking update just said "label created", which it has said since last Thursday, so I figured it wasn't showing up today. Told the boss I would just come in today. Wake up... check status... "out for delivery".. WTF? So I guess I'm not going in to the office today.

As to if it is worth what they charge? That's simple supply and demand. Fact is that it is often sold out on Goldbelly, so clearly they do not have a problem selling at their prices. And isn't that the point of capitalism in the first place, to let the market dictate what you charge and how much profit you can make? Plus, even figuring in the brisket itself at roughly $170, they are shipping it overnight which is not cheap, that has to be at least $30-$50, and that leaves another $30 - $70, which is split between Franklin and Goldbelly who both need to make a profit.

Now for me, this was a ONE and DONE thing. I cook brisket all the time. I'm striving for perfection. But I've never been to Texas or had brisket from any of the places I'm trying to emulate, and I'm not going there any time soon. So I figure how can I really know how good my brisket is if I have nothing to compare it to? With Franklin long being considered the gold standard (whether right or wrong), that is what I wanted to try.

So is it worth it, to me, yes, for this ONE time as it will tell me what I need to know about my own brisket.

And for those that don't agree, fortunately for you, it's not your money and you don't have to have the displeasure of eating it LOL.

So you don't think he is making profit off the original $170.00 you paid? I'm guessing he paid anywhere from $4-$10 a pound for the raw brisket.

Back