THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
BBQ Mojo
Been looking for a electric meat slicer to cut thinner slices of brisket and ham . I need something that does not cost $850 but something that gets the job done and that will stay sharp . been looking on craigslist but people want big dollars for some old units . picture for attention only .

Attachments

I have been thoroughly underwhelmed by my Chef's Choice 615. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I wish I'd spent a couple hundred more on something decent.

If you watch equip-bid.com restaurant auctions, you can usually find a pretty good deal on a commercial unit for $300-400.

It really doesn't take much of a slicer, to cut ham and brisket. The problem is size. You are probably going to need a 12" slicer to cut brisket flats, unless you cut them to size. You might get by with a a 10", but you are still looking at $400+, for anything big enough.. I would stay the course with craigslist, and check out restaurants equipment auctions, and you will find a deal on a good one.

I bought a used Hobart 1512 for $300.00 many years ago, it has a sharpener attachment. It was made 50 yrs ago and it will no doubt be slicing 50 yrs after I'm dead.

Keep checking craigslist. Even towns outside of your area. I bought a 1612 with the sharpener attachment for 150$ 4 years ago. It's around 40-45 years old and still going strong with the original blade. It took me about 3 months to find the right one and drove about 50 miles one way to get it

Back