Quality Affordable Meat Slicer

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
BBQ Mojo
Been looking for a electric meat slicer to cut thinner slices of brisket and ham . I need something that does not cost $850 but something that gets the job done and that will stay sharp . been looking on craigslist but people want big dollars for some old units . picture for attention only .

Attachments

• 71YHv4tqXrL._SL1500_.jpg
    71YHv4tqXrL._SL1500_.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 197
I have been thoroughly underwhelmed by my Chef's Choice 615. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I wish I'd spent a couple hundred more on something decent.

If you watch equip-bid.com restaurant auctions, you can usually find a pretty good deal on a commercial unit for $300-400.

It really doesn't take much of a slicer, to cut ham and brisket. The problem is size. You are probably going to need a 12" slicer to cut brisket flats, unless you cut them to size. You might get by with a a 10", but you are still looking at $400+, for anything big enough.. I would stay the course with craigslist, and check out restaurants equipment auctions, and you will find a deal on a good one.

I bought a used Hobart 1512 for $300.00 many years ago, it has a sharpener attachment. It was made 50 yrs ago and it will no doubt be slicing 50 yrs after I'm dead.

Keep checking craigslist. Even towns outside of your area. I bought a 1612 with the sharpener attachment for 150$ 4 years ago. It's around 40-45 years old and still going strong with the original blade. It took me about 3 months to find the right one and drove about 50 miles one way to get it

Back