THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jwh

Knows what a fatty is.
Well, I'm gonna smoke a pork butt today, but it ain't properly barbecue in the East Coast sense. I marinaded the 7lber in a Chiles, Lime, & Ginger marinade overnight. Just rubbed it with Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Chili Powder, Paprika, and Garlic Powder and am about to put it in some smoke on Weber Smokey Mountain. I may braise it in some onions, serranos, tomato sauce, and apple cider vinegar after 4-5 hours, or I may just let it cook all the way through. I've not yet decided.

file.php

I think you just came up with the greatest BBQ team name ever: Put That in Your Pork and Smoke It!
I did come up with that this a few minutes ago, but I doubt its origin lies with me. :)

Feel free to use it. I tend to be more of a Brisket man, so it might not suit a potential Team Name.

Looks like you're off to a killer start! We had the same picture as your avatar hanging in our house while growing up reminds me of those days

• Thanks
Reactions: jwh
That looks really good. I tried putting a marinade I use for Carnitas on a butt once and it turned out horrible. All we could taste was the Cumin. Even the dogs didn't like it. Probably my fault, but it made me afraid to try again...

• Thanks
Now that looks like some fine pork butt there.:thumb:

• Thanks
Back