Pulled the trigger

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
The wife is out of town, so....I went to the only Tractor Supply within 60 miles of me that had a Trail Embers in stock, it was even on clearance for $120, so it was basically screaming "take me home", so I did. I put her together yesterday, and am waiting for the gasket and sealant to get here today, then I'll be ready to season it. If it weren't for the previous threads mentioning their performance and value, I may have not even given these a second look, but I can tell after assembly, it is well worth the price I paid. Thanks for the "push", guys.

Attachments

• Trail Em1.jpg
    Trail Em1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 225
  • TrailEM2.jpg
    TrailEM2.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 222
It was almost free, right? That's the excuse my wife uses when stuff is on clearance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I plan to have some action photos by next weekend. I plan to use this in my next backyard comp, so I can load up the charcoal and let it purr through the night.

How's the build quality on that thing? And 3 racks without modding it? Damn, that is nice. I can't imagine having something sit right on top of the bottom rack though... too close to the water pan (even more so than the WSM).

How's the build quality on that thing? And 3 racks without modding it? Damn, that is nice. I can't imagine having something sit right on top of the bottom rack though... too close to the water pan (even more so than the WSM).

The metal is not as thick as I would have liked, but it is better than most of the smokers offered by the big box stores. I don't plan on cooking extremely hot on it, so I am sure it will suffice. I won't use the bottom rack unless it is absolutely necessary because I don't want to unload everything to get to it.

Back