THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
I was intrigued when I saw what Pete was doing with his Ironside smokers.

I'm a pellet guy through and through, but I've always wanted a little more smoke flavor like many of us, especially when I'm competing.

The idea of a hybrid stick burner pellet cooker seems perfect to me. I used to try to replicate this with some expanded metal attached to my FEC-100's burn pot and placing wood chunks on it, which I think added some smoke flavor, but Pete has specifically designed his cooker's pellet system with this method in mind.

So with any luck I'll take possession of my new CDR Ironside this summer!

http://www.ironsidesmokers.com/the-cdr.html
http://www.ironsidesmokers.com/new-look--.html

Nice! I'm a huge fan of what Ironside is doing and I'm also looking to grab one of their smokers in the future.

Congrats! Really good looking cooker. Thing is built like a tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm interested to hear how the system works. Been interested in this approach since I first read they were working on this.

Are you planning to burn splits for the first few hours then turn on the pellet popper and let that take it the rest of the way?

Love it! So glad the new version is replacing the bathroom stall handles. I was intrigued by the design previously, but I couldn't make it past those things.

Glad to hear you pulled the trigger JasonJax!

This looks thoroughly interesting.

I look forward to your future adventures with the new rig!

Wow!!! Congrats on what looks like a great cooker. I love the innovation of having two methods to cook, not to mention that it is built by a fellow brethren. My wife would never let me spend that kind of money on a smoker, so I'll have to enjoy it through here.

Back