THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dex

is one Smokin' Farker
Looks like I'll be busy this weekend....

IMAG0026.jpg

so to have that much pork...is this a hobby or a career...I am less than a week on this forum, and the amount of information and perfection that is attained when smoking/bbqing meat is unbelievable...i am in awe...my boss is actually getting upset at me, because for 3 days now i have done nothing at work but read threads....this is awesome!

so to have that much pork...is this a hobby or a career...I am less than a week on this forum, and the amount of information and perfection that is attained when smoking/bbqing meat is unbelievable...i am in awe...my boss is actually getting upset at me, because for 3 days now i have done nothing at work but read threads....this is awesome!

For me personally, its more of a hobby. I have a full time job, and a lot of friends and family that love BBQ! I do vending and smaller competitions as well.

A hobby is even more enjoyable when you make money doing what you love :thumb:

How many are you feeding?

Not sure exactly. I had a friend call and want 11, another call and wanted 6, the other 3 are going to two other friends.

Oh... and I have to do 10 dozen MOINK Balls :becky:

Hey.....I have to do 20 butts myself in a couple of weeks!
AND 15 quartered chickens.
Feeding 200.

Doing a bit of cooking this weekend as well of 2 butts, 1 picnic, 3 racks of ribs and the wife wants me to smoke a meatloaf and some chicken too. Shoooot.....may as well make up some MOINKS and fatties too, don't you think?

Man I love this hobby......:thumb:

Dex....we may see each other's smoke signals we're so close together!!!:rolleyes:

BTW.....did you buy those at RD or Sam's? Sam's quoted me a case price of $1.56/lb vs their normal price of $1.88/lb. Those don't look like IBP, so......RD?

Hey.....I have to do 20 butts myself in a couple of weeks!
AND 15 quartered chickens.
Feeding 200.

Doing a bit of cooking this weekend as well of 2 butts, 1 picnic, 3 racks of ribs and the wife wants me to smoke a meatloaf and some chicken too. Shoooot.....may as well make up some MOINKS and fatties too, don't you think?

Man I love this hobby......:thumb:

Dex....we may see each other's smoke signals we're so close together!!!:rolleyes:

BTW.....did you buy those at RD or Sam's? Sam's quoted me a case price of $1.56/lb vs their normal price of $1.88/lb. Those don't look like IBP, so......RD?

Smoke it up! RD is correct.... $1.44 lb. Do you have a membership?

Sent from my blazin' fast HTC Thunderbolt

No.....alas not.

I went in to check the place out last year and never went through with it. How do you like the meats there? I know they have a lot more toys I want there for sure.

I have an old EIN from a business I started a while ago that never went anywhere that I can use to obtain membership. I may just have to go by there and join......:rolleyes:

No.....alas not.

I went in to check the place out last year and never went through with it. How do you like the meats there? I know they have a lot more toys I want there for sure.

I have an old EIN from a business I started a while ago that never went anywhere that I can use to obtain membership. I may just have to go by there and join......:rolleyes:

I like the meats. The only thing I DON'T like is sometimes the fat caps on the pork butts are way to thick. Not a big deal....just money you are throwing away

Sent from my blazin' fast HTC Thunderbolt

My invite musta gotten lost in the mail. :p

How much weight have you gained back since biggest loser? I reckon with all the taste testing some of it had to come back.

Can't wait to see the results dude.

My invite musta gotten lost in the mail. :p

How much weight have you gained back since biggest loser? I reckon with all the taste testing some of it had to come back.

Can't wait to see the results dude.

LOL.... haven't gained any of it back... in fact, I lost quite a bit more. I'm now down 90 lbs :thumb:

FINALWEIGHTLOSS2.jpg

Back