THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you for the information on this. I will try to stop by on Friday but probably won't have any food to share. I need to find some time to sleep between Thursday morning and Saturday night. What time do people start showing up to set up their site?

Thank you for the information on this. I will try to stop by on Friday but probably won't have any food to share. I need to find some time to sleep between Thursday morning and Saturday night. What time do people start showing up to set up their site?

Since you're new, I guess we could let you get away with bringing a couple of bags of chips... lol

We'll be there around 8:00 Friday morning... Most of my group has to work so I'll be doing most of the setup, plus I've got to get the hams on the cooker.

One more thing. If you have any questions, or need anything (except our brisket:hand:pork:hand:ribs:hand:chicken:hand:) please feel free to ask. I don't know any one that isn't willing to help a brother (or sister) out.

Jeff's correct, most anyone will help if they can. We're going to try and get there pretty early Friday as well, although maybe not as early as Jeff. This is the first time I can remember them having a full 60 teams, so it will be easier to set up, I"m thinking, if we arrive earlier. (more room to move, park, etc.)
Guess I need to get busy buying, trimming, making chili, making apple pie shots...I'm working too hard to be on vacation!

Jeff's correct, most anyone will help if they can. We're going to try and get there pretty early Friday as well, although maybe not as early as Jeff. This is the first time I can remember them having a full 60 teams, so it will be easier to set up, I"m thinking, if we arrive earlier. (more room to move, park, etc.)
Guess I need to get busy buying, trimming, making chili, making apple pie shots...I'm working too hard to be on vacation!

WHAT!!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock: Old Chili :shock::shock::shock::shock:

:mod::mod::mod:
Yikes! It's the chili police!!!

I don't care what they're doing for the chili contest. This will be made, simmered overnight, and Packed hot into a cambro, then moved to a crock pot once we're set up (which could take a while, since we still have a busted roof cable! Oh well, at least I fixed the power this week with a new panel!

Porky Joe...to get back to the original thread, We had very good luck with this box. However, if I had it to do again, I would probably reign in the green a little more. Sometimes what looks good when you're in crunch time looks different later. Still, we usually try a similar presentation most comps.

That would be the "money muscle" you asked about in the center, and the best chunks and bark that we could find off the 2 butts we cooked. I don't think I'd mess with a picnic cut for comp. You should be able to find Boston butt at Sams, Costo, or Restaurant Depot
BILD1029.jpg

It looks like I will have some extra chili to bring in from work competition on Thursday. I tripled the recipie and filled two ducth ovens.

LOL

I am going to try the Boston Butt althought it will be first time. I usually get my meat from Caputos.

Back