THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Making use of stuff in the freezer. A Pork Shoulder I bought a while ago, ready to become Pulled Pork -

Trimming the fat cap. Sometimes I score it, today I wanted the rub to be in contact with the meat so off it comes -

Trimmed up and rub applied -

Today we're using -

Out onto the Golden's, running indirect at a consistent 265F which was an optimal temp for low and slow. I put it on later than I wanted at 10 am, here it is at 3 pm, almost ready to wrap -

About an hour later, after wrapping, adding some liquid and increasing the temp to about 375F -

Oh yeah, the backyard smelled wonderful the entire time. Nothing like porky goodness wafting through the air. :becky:

Meanwhile, making use of other frozen items - some Sweet Potato dough -

I also put together my favorite Bourbon BBQ Sauce. Nothing like a BBQ Sauce with about 8 shots of Bourbon in it! -

Slider Buns are done -

Pork is pulled, unsauced. Final temp was just under 205F -

Making use of Bourbon BBQ Sauce -

Pulled Pork Sliders for dinner -

Simple, tasty and fairly easy to prepare as there's not much to do while this is on the grill other than monitor temps. Total grill time was about 7 hours.

Tomorrow I'll get more fixin's at the market and serve it with a proper side of cole slaw. I also see Pulled Pork Pizzas in my future and who knows what else. :p

Thanks for following along and checking in on today's Pulled Pork Adventure.

Regards,
-lunchman

There's a lot good eatin there for $10

You gotta love a PB...if for nothing else ....the leftovers.

Dom,

Another grand slam, always impressed by a man who makes his own buns as I am too lazy!

Thanks,
Greg

Back