THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jawpaul

Full Fledged Farker
I wanted a quick and tasty dinner so I whipped up some pulled pork Quesadillas.
w62NDh.jpg

I tossed about half a pound of reheated leftover pulled pork on the Discada with half an onion, a large jalapeño, and half a can of rotel. It didn't take long at all and boy was it tasty. I'm digging cooking with leftover pulled pork.

Man if I made those at my house it would look like a rugby scrum...lol. My whole family LOVES pulled pork and the I always make plenty and then it gets vacuum sealed and hits the freezer. It's good to pull out and reheat for lots of things but I have to admit I had'nt thought to use it for quesadillas and I KNOW they'd hit that!.

Man if I made those at my house it would look like a rugby scrum...lol. My whole family LOVES pulled pork and the I always make plenty and then it gets vacuum sealed and hits the freezer. It's good to pull out and reheat for lots of things but I have to admit I had'nt thought to use it for quesadillas and I KNOW they'd hit that!.
Thanks, I went with what ingredients I had laying around. Got any favorites for leftovers?

Nice! Can you describe your discada setup?
Sure, I have a discada from Southwest Disc. There are several other companies making them, or if you have the supplies I know some people make their own. It is just sitting on a cheap round turkey fryer burner. Just the weight of the discada keeps it in place (it ain't going anywhere). I have those sitting on top of a 6' long picnic table outside. Gives me plenty of prep space and puts the disc at about the right height.

Food looks great. Is there much difference between a discada + a paella pan.
A discada is made from a plow disc and has fully concave surface. The shape is similar to a wok but not quite as deep. The discada is also much heavier than a wok or paela pan. My 22" disc weighs around 15-20lbs. I believe paela pans have a much flatter bottom and are made of thinner metal.
Hopefully someone with some first-hand knowledge can chime in.

Back