THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tibbs

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey guys - decided I needed to finally make the time to smoke on my M1 pit (mainly grilled so far), and choose to whip up some pulled pork. On Friday night I prepped two picnic shoulders (removed skin and trimmed to 1/4 layer of fat) and dry brined them over night.

On Saturday morning I whipped up a batch of AmazingRibs.com memphis dust and rubbed the shoulders down with a healthy dose. At that point I got my M1 up to temp (first time smoking on this pit) around 250ish with a hot bed of coals and from there on in I used applewood splits exclusively for the remainder of the cook (took about 8 hours total plus about 30 minutes for letting them rest). I did wrap the butts around 4 hours into the cook and spritzed them with apple cider vinegar.

The pulled pork came out amazing - it was honestly the best I've ever had, and my guests who came over loved it as well.

For the first time smoking on the M1 I couldn't be happier - it was extremely easy to get the pit up to smoking temperatures and was pretty easy to maintain for a stick burner. The vast majority of the cook I had no problem getting thin blue smoke. Will be sharing more cooks with you guys in the future.

Getting the pit up to temp

Small hot fire in the firebox - starting my coal bed here

Butts prepped and rubbed with memphis dust

The pit had no problem staying at 250 for hours with only a few splits

The butts about 4 hours in, right before wrapping

Pulled and ready for action (tasted incredible)

Served on potato rolls with a small bit of bone suckin' sauce, and tortellini salad on the side

Last edited:
Always a bonus to see a great cook posted annnnd get me interested enough to check out a new smoker I haven't looked at before.:eusa_clap

Always a bonus to see a great cook posted annnnd get me interested enough to check out a new smoker I haven't looked at before.:eusa_clap

Highly recommend it! I did a tri-tip roast on the M1 tonight that came out great as well. Will be posting a video on the cook later this week.

Great looking chow, and an awesome cooker. I keep looking at those. It looks to be a pretty versatile machine.

I like the looks of your cooker.. It reminds me of my Hasty Bake, works great!
Your food looks delicious!!

Back