THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice job! Oddly enough, I'm a rare New Mexico native who doesn't really like posole much, but this hybrid between posole and green chile stew looks worthy of trying.

My most recently purchased batch of green chile is BLAZING hot...hottest chile I've ever purchased. I'll be making a lot of stew this winter, as it's probably not palatable for most folks when used for rellenos or enchiladas.

Fine looking meal lady.Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Sir! :grin:

Nice job! Oddly enough, I'm a rare New Mexico native who doesn't really like posole much, but this hybrid between posole and green chile stew looks worthy of trying.

My most recently purchased batch of green chile is BLAZING hot...hottest chile I've ever purchased. I'll be making a lot of stew this winter, as it's probably not palatable for most folks when used for rellenos or enchiladas.

Great idea! The hot chiles would mellow out in the soup. I like Bob's idea of having a cup of the broth in the morning to wake me up too. :grin:
Thanks Dr. Trout Bum!

Great post Jeanie. Pasole is one of my favorite holiday soups/stews. Will probably do a couple butts before the week is over and pasole is on the menu. Thanks for the inspiration of adding black beans.

Great post Jeanie. Pasole is one of my favorite holiday soups/stews. Will probably do a couple butts before the week is over and pasole is on the menu. Thanks for the inspiration of adding black beans.
Thank you Bill! Black beans and pintos are some of my favorites. Seems like I add them to everything. I bet your holiday soups and stews are delicious!!:grin:

Could have used some of that after plowing snow last week. Sounds/looks like heaven in a bowl. Great work as usual Jeanie.
Dang, Josh... sounds like winter in your area. Hope you keep warm! Thanks!

Nothing better than soup style food Thats a lot of time, my mainstay of eating. the combo you made sounds delicious and your pics are fabulous.
Thanks so much Dport! Same here, I enjoy soups during the winter. Seems to warm me up faster than anything else I eat. :grin:

Awesome in a bowl......

Thank you IamMadMan! :grin:

Another masterpiece from my favorite chef. Thanks Jeanie!

Very kind of you to say.. Thank you Friend! :hug:

I never tried posole until my neighbors, who are great Mexican cooks, brought some over a while back - love that stuff and yours looks fantastic! Nice eats for the winter, Jeanie!

I love this time of year when soups/stews/chili and their "hybrids" start showing up.

I never tried posole until my neighbors, who are great Mexican cooks, brought some over a while back - love that stuff and yours looks fantastic! Nice eats for the winter, Jeanie!

I bet that was excellent eats Greg!! A local market sells posole by the quart. I like to pick up their chicken posole. Sometimes it's mild and sometimes it curls my hair and makes my eyelids sweat. lol Good stuff! :grin:
With the homemade pork stock that you make, I bet you could put together a killer pot of posole!! Keep me in mind if you make too much. :mrgreen:
Thanks!

I love this time of year when soups/stews/chili and their "hybrids" start showing up.
Me too Adams! :grin:

Excellent as always Jeanie...Always inspiring...I do miss seeing your cooks...

But I do have one question...When you roast yer peppers do you freeze them with the skins still on? I always clean mine up before sealing and freezing...

Your food and pictures look great. I would definitely eat that. I'm not saying our version is right and yours is wrong, I'm only saying it's different. I'm born and raised in New Mexico and I have never seen posole like yours. If I served what you made and called it posole, everyone would tell me I'm wrong and that's not posole. Anyway, your version looks tasty.

Our version works great for hangovers. Don't ask me how though. We have posole every Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can't wait. Maybe I'll try some smoked pork instead of our traditional pork.

Looks like another winner to me sister:thumb:
Thank you Friend! :grin:

Excellent as always Jeanie...Always inspiring...I do miss seeing your cooks...

But I do have one question...When you roast yer peppers do you freeze them with the skins still on? I always clean mine up before sealing and freezing...
I miss seeing your cooks too Craig. Hope all is well with you!
I freeze the chiles with the skin on. Either way is fine but in my thoughts the extra layer of skin helps protect the chile meat from any freezer burn. I use them up fast enough that it's not problem anyway.
Thanks Craig! :grin:

Outstanding mam! Really looked delicious. I bet a skillet of your cornbread would be great to sop up the bottom that bowl.

Thanks so much Rocky Branch! Now you've got me hungry for cornbread. Going to have to make a skillet today. :mrgreen:

Your food and pictures look great. I would definitely eat that. I'm not saying our version is right and yours is wrong, I'm only saying it's different. I'm born and raised in New Mexico and I have never seen posole like yours. If I served what you made and called it posole, everyone would tell me I'm wrong and that's not posole. Anyway, your version looks tasty.

Our version works great for hangovers. Don't ask me how though. We have posole every Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I can't wait. Maybe I'll try some smoked pork instead of our traditional pork.

Thank you 12ring! This definitely isn't a traditional posole. More of a cross between pulled pork stew and a posole. I think posole is a lot like chili and gumbo, everyone has their own recipe. :grin:
The smoked pork really added a nice flavor to the pot. Not sure if I can duplicate this batch, (I was tossing stuff in the pot), but will try. It came out great. Had a nice smokey, chile flavor.
Thanks again! :grin:

Back