THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dont inject unless the Butt is real lean. Sometimes I wrap and sometimes I dont, depends on the cook, or if there is a strong stall.

Agree. At this time planning on going with 2 large naked butts. No injection and 2 sauces. One vinegar based and the other Tomato based. Also plan on going at 250*F for the entire cook and not wrapping as I have the time. Using Oak Ridge Gold Edition Secret Weapon Pork & Chicken Rub for both.

p5Gf6TI.jpg

Cook till probe tender and the bone wiggles. Smoke with Hickory for the 1st couple of hours and let it burn out for remained of the cook. Doing it the day before in the late evening. Will pull it just shy of the day before. This is the working plan as of now. Will also add some rub right after pulled and mix.

Any input still appreciated and Thanks for all the input! :thumb:

Back