THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cilantro taste like stink bugs. I like cilantro, don't ask me how i know cilantro taste like stink bugs.... Lets just say i am a fan of bizarre foods.

Oh no, you brought it up. How do you know what stink bugs taste like?

On a similar note, I told my son that I thought Red Bulls and Monsters tasted like flavored urine, evoking a similar response.

Are you using the same brand of butts every time? Didn't see that asked, but maybe I missed it.

If so, I'd switch that up and keep everything else the same. See what happens.

I've cooked a lot of butts of different brands in some different ways, and I've never encountered a "fishy" taste to the meat. I've injected some with mixes including Worcestershire, and never encountered any fishy taste.

I can't taste the anchovies in straight Worcestershire sauce.

Mysterious, indeed! :p

I almost always use Smithfield Prime Reserve from Sam's, and did this past time. I have been considering switching to whatever Costco has (I believe most times I've looked it has been Swift) because I am starting to feel like the money muscle on the ones from Sam's are too small, even on a larger butt (8lb+). I think for this next test I will use them again just so that I only change one variable. Tons of people surely use the butts from Sam's so I would think that if it was the meat/brand someone else would've noticed.

Back