PSB for daughter and friends

mbt

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Marco
so... technically speaking it shouldn't be done 'cause we are still under covid restrictions but...
My "oldest" daughter (she's 13...) asked for a dinner with her best friends
so, as usual, she asks and dad cooks.
this time, due to the fact that her friends never tried, the request was for Pepper Stout Beef

my trusted butcher didn't had the proper cut (should be chuck, correct?) so I used a well tested alternative: The silverside heel

slighty trimmed and rubbed with Marie Juana :tongue:

and ready for smoking (with beer chips and whiskey chips)

after a couple of hours, the amount of proteins has been lied on a bed of pepperoni and onion
Didn't use the "traditional" Guinness beer. Daughter complains that the taste could be unpleasant to the friends. So I decided for a Villacher, a Marzen austrian beer

after a while, internal temp was 95°C so I removed the crutch and let the beer dry out

meanwhile a was pulling the beef...

buns was warming up and ready to receive cheese and meat

I would like to show you the assembled sandwiches but... I turned my head just for a second and the plate was vanished....:mad2:

That is a nice looking dish. When I first joined the brethren, there were several Pepper stout beef cooks, but this is the first I have seen in quite a while and now I'm craving it! The Marie Juana, very unique name:laugh:

• Thanks
Reactions: mbt
The Marie Juana, very unique name:laugh:
yeah. It's really tasty and balanced.
And makes a fantastic effect when someone asks
"which spices do you used??"
and you answer
"oh, nothing special. Just some Marie Juana.... :wink::tongue:"

Good looking Beef.
Thats a complement that the plate Vanished:thumb:

• Thanks
So!

This is how you treat your brethren with no invite to you covid party!

Looks great and thanks for no invite!

• Thanks
Man that looks good! Thanks for the inspiration. I’m going to make this tomorrow, but with a chuck roast. I can’t wait!

• Thanks
Yes Sir!!! Looks great! Had to Google what a silverside was. "Mini joints are also available which are suitable for smaller households and will serve 2-3 people. These joints are often sold with added fat for roasting." Sounds like you used the correct seasoning. Marie Juana... :pound:

• Thanks
So!

This is how you treat your brethren with no invite to you covid party!

Looks great and thanks for no invite!
I really apologize. I'd like to invite all of you but I noticed that intercontinental flights are still a mess...

Yes Sir!!! Looks great! Had to Google what a silverside was. "Mini joints are also available which are suitable for smaller households and will serve 2-3 people. These joints are often sold with added fat for roasting." Sounds like you used the correct seasoning. Marie Juana... :pound:

I hope translation is right. Not so easy to find out the proper word for some beef cuts. Lot of times the same cut is called with different names form butcher to butcher also in the same area.... :mad:

Man that looks good! Thanks for the inspiration. I’m going to make this tomorrow, but with a chuck roast. I can’t wait!

I usually make it with chuck roast... but I have to admit that the silverside heel works great

so... technically speaking it shouldn't be done 'cause we are still under covid restrictions but...
My "oldest" daughter (she's 13...) asked for a dinner with her best friends
so, as usual, she asks and dad cooks.
this time, due to the fact that her friends never tried, the request was for Pepper Stout Beef

I would like to show you the assembled sandwiches but... I turned my head just for a second and the plate was vanished....:mad2:

I love reading your English. I know it isn't your native language, and I always feel like your posts are explained so much better than anything I could have written.

The cook also looks great, and I'm glad it was a success! I have a few chucks' in the freezer, I should make this again.

• Thanks
I love reading your English. I know it isn't your native language, and I always feel like your posts are explained so much better than anything I could have written.

The cook also looks great, and I'm glad it was a success! I have a few chucks' in the freezer, I should make this again.
thank you :thumb:
probably because, not knowing english very well, I need to use simple words and clear concepts

Yep!! I would have made that plate "vanish" too, and would have hidden them real well!!
Great Cook, and I can guess the "friends" will be back for more!!

• Thanks
Back