PSA -- Cooler recommendation

I have nothing but good things to say about the RTIC line of coolers. I have them from 20 to 65 quarts. They work great.

Not sure if they still happen, but rtic used to have scratch and dent sales at the warehouse in Houston. I got a tan 65 with a tiny dent for $100 there a few years ago. Best hundred dollar cooler around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My problem with RTIC is that they cloned the Yeti too well, including the latches. I really don’t like that design. For anyone looking at Yeti though they are clearly the better deal.

When I was looking for one a few years back I decided on Orion. Expensive but I liked the combination of features the best. The latch system was one of the things I really liked.

The Timberline isn’t quite as good but it’s dramatically less than the Orion. (and Yeti) The latch isn’t quite as smooth as Orion but it’s close enough that I wouldn’t spend the extra $$.

I just want a good cooler with wheels. Something I can load up with ice and enough beer for the two of us for a day, and roll through the yard to her sisters pool.

As I posted, I got 1 for Father's Day. Did a test in my garage. Put in chilled drinks and lots of ice. Opened lid 5 times over test period. 70 degree average temp in garage, no direct sunlight. Ice gone in less than 48hrs. Took it back today. Up to 9 days my ass. Maybe at North Pole with Santa......

In my experience, the ice melts fairly quickly in any of them. Maybe a little slower in the Yeti and Rtic type rotomolded models, but the items inside stay cold for quite awhile after the ice is gone. Their will be ice remnants for a few days in my Rtic before g9ne completely and still awhile before the water warms up.

I just want a good cooler with wheels. Something I can load up with ice and enough beer for the two of us for a day, and roll through the yard to her sisters pool.
I've always been happy with my igloo 110qt wheeled cooler. I fill it with ice the night before or the morning of and it makes it the whole day I need to keep drinks cool. We open it too much but it will have ice left the next day. The extending handles make it really easy to move. It will not go 5 days as advertised but I don't need 5 days.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back