THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H

highestgrade

In my DBS. Is it better if I install a propane stove to make heat then add the wood in a holder/metal container above the propane stove to burn or use charcoal? I'm thinking the propane stove will be easier to control temperature & cheaper than charcoal but then I'm worried about losing the flavor the charcoal will add to the meat? Advice?
bed559eb-14b5-2fee.jpg

Or...install a propane stove in the firebox...add a grate to hold coals, for the coal flavor then a wood chip box? Use less coals...mainly use the propane stove for heat...then the wood chip box for the smoke

I would start out without the propane. You can burn logs in there, just start with charcoal to get a bed of coals and add splits. Since you're in a warm climate, maintaining a good temp won't be much of a problem for you. If that doesn't work for you, you can always go back and add the propane.

I need to find a wholesaler in the us to import wood from. I have 2 little bags of chips for my first attempts Qing on this smoker

Back