THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1_T_Scot

is One Chatty Farker
I am doing 3 butts on the CA (Cheap Arse) ceramic. Wanted to try 2 comercial rubs to see how they compared with the homeade rubs. I also tried a plain butt just injected with AJ.

Here is the begining pron.
InjectingButt9_21.jpg

One on the left is just going to be injected.

PlainandRubedBurgandyRub9_21.jpg

One on the right Injected and rubbed with the weber rub.

RubbedwithRibChicken9_21.jpg

This one rubbed Last night with the Durkee Chicken and rib rub.

I forgot to post the Pics of the rub.

RubPic9_21.jpg

Just experimenting today. All three are eventually going to end up mixed together and served at a block party.

I tried the weber rub mixed with some burger last night. It had a pretty good flavor I didn't use enough however. Acutally I bought it so I could fill it with home made rub.

Had to get quick Pron shots. All where hungry.

9_21_08_5RubbedwithChickenandrib.jpg

9_21_08_6Pulling.jpg

9_21_08_72pulled.jpg

The Durkee Rib and Chicken rub was pretty good. I lost a lot of the flavor, When putting it on I would have thought it would have been the most flavorfull.

The Weber rub was really good after smoking we could all taste the spices etc... I think it could have been a little sweeter for my taste but everyone thought it was good. I think it would be really good on a Brisket. I'm going to try that when I get back from a buisness trip that I'm leaving on tomorrow.

The plain butt also was good I didn't notice the injection of AJ making it any moister or any flavor from it.

Back