Prime rib recipe from last night

Peteg

Full Fledged Farker
Thought I would post my prime rib recipe that I used last night. It turned out really well and I know that there are a lot of people still looking for a recipe for tonight. Started with a 10 lb choice roast. De-boned and cut most of the fat off, then seasoned with a light coat of garlic salt, then a light coat of kosher salt and cracked pepper and finished with a heavier coat of Montreal steak seasoning. Let it rest in the fridge for a few hours, then on the counter for an hour to warm up. Cooked over oak and hickory at about 325 for just over two hours. (Until my smoke thermometer read 125. Let it rest for about two hours in a cooler before eating. Needed to rest while we went to church before dinner.. Like I said this was one of my better attempts at prime rib. Probably would help if it was actually primešŸ˜ hope it helps somebody. Merry Christmas everyone!

Attachments

• 10063.jpg
    10063.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 10058.jpg
    10058.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 156
Yeah I slice mushrooms and onions and lay them on my pan, just like our local
place does, put a pot lid on it, then add my cooked rib roast on tio then strong provolone, warm that up onto a nice hoagie or Italian or French bread. Mayo, lettuce, tomato, more mayo.
Killer.

Back