THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
So here's the deal, I had a 5-6# boneless prime rib in the freezer that needed to be used Ithawed it out, and here's the story;
Set up the kettle for offset cooking (I usually do the whole prime rib on the rotisserie, but for this piece I opted for the off set) The wood for smoke was mesquite
bth_Primerib002.jpg

bth_Primerib003.jpg

Seasoned up the rib in my usual fashion w/worcestershire sauce, Montreal steak seasoning and granulated garlic.
bth_Primerib001.jpg

Fired up the coals and brought it up to 225*, was shooting for 225*-250* for the initial cook, tied the rib up and tossed it on the grill.
bth_Primerib004.jpg

Temp was fairly steady, mostly in the 240* range. It did drift up into the 250's a couple times, but no big deal. I was looking for an internal of 125* and then would crisp up the outter shell over direct heat. The process took around 3.5 hours with the following resuls:
bth_Primerib005.jpg

Sliced:
bth_Primerib006.jpg

Plated with some garlic, cheddar and bacon whipped potatoes, taragon green beans and creamed horseradish and a side of cucumber tomato salad:
bth_Primerib007.jpg

The "bite" shot were all blurry for some reason, but You get the idea. It came out a perfect medium rare and was absolutely delicious!

Hope you enjoyed the journey.

You did a great job, and it looks fantastic! My mouth is watering for prime rib now. :hungry:

Back