THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fishwater2002

Full Fledged Farker
Along the lines of BBQ sheds & outdoor kitchens what is everyone using for a prep table near their pits? I'm always juggling multiple things when I'm setting up to cook outside & need something that can withstand the outdoor elements since my area isn't covered, hot meals as they come off the cooker, etc. I'm looking for something with a top that can be wiped down to sanitary levels, take a hot tinfoil tray of BBQ & preferably something that I can store all my various tools whether it's stuff for the smoker, grill or flat top.

Depending on your budget, I'd look into a stainless table with wheels so you can roll it around. Webstaurant or amazon has a bunch. Bear in mind the cheaper they are, the more likely they are to get some rust on them if you leave them out in the elements.

I agree with Chad, all restaurant supply stores have stainless steel tables; even Amazon sells them. You can buy a wheel kit if you want or need. I throw a grill cover over mine, when I want to use it; I rinse it with the hose, and then wipe it down with kitchen sanitizer wipes. When I'm done, wash it, sanitize it , and when it's dry I cover it again.

For storage I used plastic cabinets from Lowe's, but then they tore down a blood bank on the base, I got the stainless steel cabinets that they stored electronic equipment in for free.

Depending on your budget, I'd look into a stainless table with wheels so you can roll it around. Webstaurant or amazon has a bunch. Bear in mind the cheaper they are, the more likely they are to get some rust on them if you leave them out in the elements.

This! I have a 24" x 36" stainless 16 gauge with undershelf. The smaller the gauge, the heavier (and more expensive) the table. Mine is outdoors 24/7 next to my smoker. I can beat it to death, drip on it, etc. and just clean like new.

I bought mine from the Webrestaurant store, but you might check Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, or a used restaurant supply store for a deal on a used table. Keep in mind stainless steel has gone WAY up this year, so used will be cheaper.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/13...bles-with-undershelf.html?filter=size:24-x-36

This is the route I went. Mine was from either Sam’s or Costco and wasn’t designed for outdoor use. That said, it wasn’t a ton of money and is at least three years old. The table surface itself has a little bit of rust staining (mostly due to spilled rubs) but still works great. I think it’s 24x60 so a lot of room and very easy to wipe clean. If I really worked at it I could buff out the stains I think. The lower shelf holds a couple of Rubbermaid tubs for storage.

The wheels are rusting but look like I’ll get at least a couple seasons more out of them. I don’t remember the price for sure but thinking it was $120 or so. Im okay with spending that for five years of great functionality if that’s what it turns out to be

I got a stainless steel table from M Griils when I ordered a grill/smoker from them. Pricey but solid with wheels.

Back