THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L

LoneStarBarbeque Co.

As I am preparing the menu for my b-day cookout I still can't believe brisket costs. Even the big holiday sale $2.49lb for packers but spares are $1.99lb in Texas of all places. Do'in ABT's, 5 or 6 spares, 2 bacon wrapped fatties,smoked sausages, pintos, pickled bean salad and mango margarita cake.

I bought my first full brisket last night for $1.68/lb at a Super Wal-Mart. I had no idea what to expect. They had a bunch of trimmed flats too, but they were closer to $4/lb.

Looks like you've got quite a spread planned -- Happy Birthday!

might need to get a Sam's membership. I'll have to check Costco also. Should be a good cook for 15 or 20. I'll try to remember to get the pics before the refreshments start.

HEB (Houston area) had brisket (full packers) for .99 / lb on Tuesday.
I'm going by there today to see if its still on sale and prob buy a couple of them.

I just bought 500 pounds of Choice Untrimmed Packers for my church (they lifted the restrictions for me like they did last year) at .95 a pound.

Now I have to figure out what and how I will deal with it. Its too much of one of my sales and not enough for two.

Target has .99 choice briskets (thats what the sticker says, choice)

Back