THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bingo1912

Take a breath!
I recently read a post by Ken Peach, a seasoned member of the BBQ trail, an honored veteran and champion CASI chili chef that said that apples removed more salt from a dish than potatoes...
I was reading the post about pastrami about removing salt so I thought rather than hi-jacking that thread I would ask here.
So what is your opinion? :decision:

I use potatoes mostly because I can eat salty potatoes, not salty apples :puke:

I save the potatoes and boil them for dinner with the corned beef

Use whatever you have. I don't think you could tell any difference whatsoever. Taters are a whole lot cheaper and work very well. Just my thought but apples can better be used for other things.

I concur with the potato being used. I also like to use them to make hash browns and other dishes with after they do their thing with removing salt!!!

I also recommend potatos. They are like a sponge and are regularly used to clarify (clean) oil in a deep fryer.

Back