THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirtbuddy

is one Smokin' Farker
This weeks deliveries.....

P1010336.jpg

P1010337.jpg

P1010338.jpg

P1010339.jpg

Nice, that's one wood that I have never tried but really want to! Maple. Nice score!

I really like the note you got with the wood.
Australian company's would be lucky to send you a receipt.
I have noticed the diff buying from the States.
cheers.
Titch

I like maple syrup drizzled over a bacon wrapped sfuffie, but I don't want my BBQ to taste like maple syrup. I doubt it will though. I heard that wicked good has maple in their weekend warrior blend. I'm not so certain but I know it's damn good charwood!

They contend that a higher moisture level (30% and higher) in wood makes for better smoking. That sounds more like smoldering to me.
Am I wrong or is 30% moisture level considered "seasoned" wood?

I made the mistake of not mixing the maple 1 time I ended up with candied turkey. That was the second time I had used maple and much stronger than the first batch!

They contend that a higher moisture level (30% and higher) in wood makes for better smoking. That sounds more like smoldering to me.
Am I wrong or is 30% moisture level considered "seasoned" wood?

20% moisture or less is seasoned wood, the good news is that in about 4 weeks the moisture content of both the hickory and the maple will be at or below 20%, if stored in a warm dry place.

Your PostMan must be waitin for an invite!!!! Great Haul. I've tried a couple of Oakridge BBQ's rubs and cann't ask for a better product. Let us know how the Secret Weapon is.

Enjoy

Back