THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southern Home Boy

is Blowin Smoke!
I saw something in another thread that made me go "hunh??" :confused:...

Does anyone trim the end of the bones that get exposed when the meat pulls back on a slab of ribs?

I'd never heard of that and it frankly never occured to me. Just wondering if that's a common practice.

Anyone?

I've never seen it done, heard of it being done and have never done it.

I'm not sure what the reasoning would be. If you get a nice even pull back it makes it look better, IMHO. And you've got a little handle.

Well, that's kinda what I thought, but apparantly there are those who do (unless I completely misunderstood the post which is always possible) and actually have determined the best way to do it.

I have done it before if 5 of the bones had nice pull back and some others in the box didnt to make it look uniform. I also clean the bone ends.

Looks like there might be a good reason for comp cooking. For backyard cooking...not so much.

Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back