THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two ways to go. One is a small ultra-quiet generator. The other is a deep-cycle battery and an inverter. I don't know the power requirement for a guru, assume you need 110v AC. If you did the battery/inverter route, you'd likely need a small cart and also you'd have to have a charger around for when you get home.

There are very quiet generators now. I was offered one which had a Honda motor a couple of years ago. I doubt they are cheap.

Of course, the other thing you could do would be to not use your guru when you're away from a power source ..

seattlepitboss

you can get a cord for the guru that has a cigarette lighter adapter and one with alligator clips. no need for ac current. either of the two would give you multiple options to power the guru such as your car, a battery or a charger pack. you just need a 12 volt source.

Z_800-2001-114.jpg

Z_800-2001-115.jpg

those guru guys think of just about everything :wink:

Last edited:
I'm looking for a large rechargeable battery. Nothing to crazy. May something that will power An aerobed compressor when camping and to run a guru so I don't need to run a cord throw my party in 2 weeks. I've been looking at the Duracell or maybe something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

That's a nice unit. I picked one that is similar for about $45 at Sam's club a few years ago. You won't need the special adapter with that one because it already has a power inverter

Just to update everyone. I took a measure of the guru using a Kill A Watt meter. When the fan is on it uses 3 watts. when the fan is off, it uses less then a watt so it shows 0 on the meter. This Duracell 300 says it will run a cordless phone of 5 watts for 10 hours. Since the guru is not on at all times and runs at 3 watts, your looking at well over 13 hours or more.

Back