THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use a group 29 deep cycle battery and a 450watt invertor. I ran 14 hours once and didn't go below 50 percent voltage readout. I also use yoders
TDuffy - does the single battery run both your yoders for a competition, or do you need to recharge?

TDuffy - does the single battery run both your yoders for a competition, or do you need to recharge?

When I was cooking with both yoders 2 years ago I was using the invertor on my ys1500 and not the 640. I was cooking big meats low and slow overnight on the 1500 and the 640 was for chicken only.

Now I'm cooking big meats hot and fast on gateway drums and cooking ribs and chx on my 1500. I still power the 1500 with an invertor but it doesn't get fired up until the morning.

If I were to run 2 cookers off battery at comps I would have a 2 battery setup like Burnt at Both Endz uses.

Back