THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q

QueTPiesBBQ

What do most people like to turn in for their pork entry. Chopped, sliced, or pulled?

Jeff_in_KC has a great presentation for pork... Maybe we can talk him into sharing it. He turns his pork in, 3 ways... I turn my pork 2 ways. Sliced money muscle on both side and then chunked down the middle. I would post a pic, but I don't have any on my computer at this time, Sorry!

Mine look very similar to Sled's...unsauced thumb sized chunks with a little extra rub sprinkled on and some sauce on the bark only.

DSC_0220.jpg

we don't use that green stuff down here , try all three make sure you use bark ,but we don't slice it either

You know, as a judge, I don't care what you put in the box; slices, pulled, chunks, chopped, or whatever. If I look at the MEAT and think, damn that looks good! I can't wait to get that in my mouth, then it is a 9 for appearance. The rest depends on how it tastes and how the tenderness is.

Thanks QN......now,. if we can just figure out how to get "If I look at the MEAT and think, damn that looks good" into your church bulletin....now, that would be funny.....:biggrin:

Back