THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
When breaking down the last berkshire pig I bought, my wife happen to walk by while this was sitting there, she said "that looks cool, why don't you just keep it like that?". Well it was less work, so I kept those long bones on. That thing was eating up a lot of freezer space so I was more than happy to put it into play this weekend.

I really enjoy the pork flavor from these pigs, so I kept things simple with just salt, black pepper, and a little sage.

bXSYxoi.jpg

Into the smoker at 275 with cherry wood for the smoke. Ramped up the temp a bit at the end to put a bit of a crisp on it. Thin end was 155 and thick end was 145 when I pulled it off to rest.

WNYKmd9.jpg

LiSiZGH.jpg

Sliced and put on a platter. I wish I could have gotten more/better pics, but the Easter rush was on and this was just a part of the deal..........

M6mitEv.jpg

Had one left at the end of it all.

510n5qa.jpg

Turned out quite well, the large bones were kind of a PITA, but it was fun. I wish I would have kept the skin on.........maybe next time.

Thanks for lookin".

Back