THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Hogger

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
Please enjoy this cook thread for 2 Throwdowns; "Bacon Makes Everything Better" and "Anything but Charcoal".

I decided to stuff a pork loin for this one. I bought a Pork loin from Sam's. I felt it was too long too to for me to stuff without a bunch of hassle and a large mess so I cut in two. (I have the other half curing in the fridge for some buckboard bacon.)
After butterflying and pounding it into submission, I whipped up some stuffing. I used a pound of sausage, the last pound of home cured ham that I dug out of the freezer and a pint jar of tomatillo, garlic and lime salsa.
While that was cooking I seasoned the loin and set it aside. Next I laid out a sheet of parchment paper on the cutting board to assist with eventual rolling it up.
I made a bacon weave and covered it with freshly roasted and peeled green chilies. I put the seasoned loin on top, covered it with the stuffing and rolled it all up and tied it.
I threw it in the fridge and out the back door I went to fire up the 'ol stick burner.
I smoked it at 350 to an internal temp of 140.
I dragged it back into the kitchen and let 'er rest under a foil tent before slicing and enjoying.

Apologies for the long winded post but thanks for reading this far.

Now for the Pron.

Attachments

Back