Pork 'N Buns

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
Subtitle: Who Porked My Buns?

In an earlier thread I asked what I should call these, the current title is what I went with.

Too damn hot outside today to be outside at dinner time (109F), so I figured I better get out there for breakfast then. :mrgreen:

This started innocently enough with Jimmy Dean Hot sausage browning on the cast iron Weber pan. I happened to have some fire roasted red and green jalapenos in the freezer left over from my Steak Lovers Tacos, so I had to toss some in for good measure.

picture.php

picture.php

Once browned, I took half the sausage out of the pan (this will be used later), and then added flour and milk (also tossed in some Naturiffic Sea Salt) to get some gravy going.

picture.php

The pan was hot, so gravy didn't take long to thicken up and it came off to be held until it is needed.

Next I took a canister of Grands Biscuits and flattened each biscuit out (kinda like stretching out a pie crust) and laid in a muffin tin.

This gives me a nice little pocket for the filling.

picture.php

Filling consisted of the browned sausage i had set aside and 3 eggs beaten.

picture.php

Next I took the lip of the biscuit and folded it back over itself, stretching it fairly tightly as I went.

I took half of them and rolled them over with a spoon (seam down), left the others with the seam up.

picture.php

This pan then went into the Weber at 400F for about 18 minutes.

picture.php

Once golden brown, time to take out.

picture.php

Ran a knife around the edge to loosen and put them on a plate and topped with the sausage gravy I had kept warm.

picture.php

picture.php

They were tasty....

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234637

It's creative ideas like this that make this site so incredible.

That is a great looking comfort-food type meal John. I would be all over that like white on rice.

Those would be great for breakfast - like, oh, say, the morning after a Bash when there's a pig roast that later that day.

Back