THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rib-O-Lator

Full Fledged Farker
i cooked a 6lb boneless pork butt on the rib-o-lator. i split it in two and put one on each tray. i used some apple for smoke.

i coated one with a spicy honey mustered sauce i made and the other with brown sugar and some seasoning. the mustard tasted the best.

i cooked them on my UDS gasser at 225 for 5-6hrs then foiled them when they hit 170 internal temp and took them off when they hit 200.

i cut the bottom out of the drum and moved it up about a foot to the first rib and re-welded, then i mounted a burner from a turkey fryer underneath (no flame on the inside of drum) on the inside i just add my wood chips and meat, temps are always even. a 2 liter bottle is mounted on the outside with a valve and some tubing running to the inside as a water drip if needed.

after it rested for about an hour pulled it and it was tender, juicy, and good. i knew you would all be asking for some so i put some in the mail to you and you should have it any day. if it doesn't show up check your postman breath.

100_3332.jpg

100_3330.jpg

100_3338.jpg

100_3334.jpg

100_3335.jpg

100_3328.jpg

100_3333.jpg

100_3348.jpg

100_3347.jpg

100_3349.jpg

Bob!! Won't you just deliver me some...we're just a short drive away!? :becky:

Need to see more pics of the rib-o-lator/uds gasser in action! Good lookin' pork!

Very interesting setup. Is the 2 Liter bottle for adding water to the chips during the cook?

Pork looks mighty fine too.

You know dad... you use some of the wackiest ways to produce some great lookin' food!

Maybe when I'm out at the end of the month I can show you how to light a briquette? :p

BTW - Who'd you steal the black kettle lid from?? Swamprb!! You missing anything outta yer yard?

AND PUT A SHIRT ON!!!!

100_3332.jpg

Interesting set up! I love the looks of your food too. Thanks for the tip on cutting a pork butt to fit, I will give it a try. :cool::thumb:

Those Butts look great. When I first saw the copper tube/bottle set up, I was thinking...awsome... making a little shine on the side.:wink:

that took me a second. :laugh:

What's the length on those racks/rods? One of those rib-o-lator thingees might look good in my UDS.

i leave the shirt off so my chest hair will add texture to the food. i like the land shark. the rol is 17" long and the rod is about 27" (cut to fit) and it would look good on your uds.

Back