THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My fiancee loves franks on everything! never thought of using it as an injection, I'm going to have to try it!

I would think that using it straight though, the vinegar would turn the meat mushy, but some added to a regular injection would be good to go.

If you do it I would use a stick of butter per cup of Franks

Mmmmmm, Franks and molten butter as an injection...... :clap2:

Good god, tell me someone has tried this! As pit mentioned, I'd worry about the dose of vinegar attacking the meat, but for that Sunday-afternoon-football-hot-wing flavor, I'd be willing to risk it!

Mmmmmm, Franks and molten butter as an injection...... :clap2:

Good god, tell me someone has tried this! As pit mentioned, I'd worry about the dose of vinegar attacking the meat, but for that Sunday-afternoon-football-hot-wing flavor, I'd be willing to risk it!

Maybe doing it just before you go to the smoke and not an overnite delay like a bad Delta flight? Should give an interestering color also. HUM:thumb:

Interesting idea, please keep us updated if you try it.

I used Franks Extra Hot in a beef brisket injection. I used 2 cups low sodium beef broth, 1 can beer, 2 tablespoons Franks.

The brisket came out great but I could barely taste the Franks. For a pork butt that you want more of the Franks flavor to come through use maybe 4 tablespoons.

I put my special buffalo sauce (Franks, butter, and a ton of cayenne and white pepper to make it actually hot) on pulled pork all of the time. It is bbq sauce to me, I put it on everything Q. I have never thought of injecting it, you my friend, are a genius.

might try adding a little bleu cheese dressing to the marinade too... if you're going over the top, you might as well go all the way :becky:

Sounds very tasty to me! I'll be very interested to hear the results and
what proportions you use. I personally love the buffalo flavor and am going so far as to trying to figure out how to make buffalo ice cream...
:crazy: :laugh:

What I'm thinkin is to make Franks a little thicker, to stay in the meat more. The bleu cheese just might be the cure for that. Maybe a real thick BBQ sauce and then add Frank to taste? :thumb:

Instead of injecting, have you thought about just seasoning with with Frank's after pulling? I know of a highly successful bbq joint that does just that (seasoning with "hot sauce" after the meat is ready). They use a product similar to Frank's.

Back