THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

energyzer

is one Smokin' Farker
Did my first pork butt using the Fireboard drive and fan on my bge. I had it set to run at 237, which it ran pretty tight. Question is, how long should a 7.73 lb to reach 160? I have never had one cook this fast. It hit 170 in about 5 hours. In the past, if I had a 7lb roast, it took about 14 hours. Did this one cook super fast in about 8 hours, or has my temps been lower than I thought in the past?

Last edited:
237 degrees? sort of an odd temp to program in to hit but w/e.:grin:

I do butts on a drum- 275- 300. Hit 165-ish in about 4-5 hours.

You might have your probe in a fat pocket- giving you a bogus reading?? Too close to the bone, maybe? Did you temp other locations on the meat - or just that one spot?

237 degrees? sort of an odd temp to program in to hit but w/e.:grin:

I do butts on a drum- 275- 300. Hit 165-ish in about 4-5 hours.

You might have your probe in a fat pocket- giving you a bogus reading?? Too close to the bone, maybe? Did you temp other locations on the meat - or just that one spot?

Yeah, I checked it with my thermopen, and it matched up

Back