Pork breakfast hangover sandwich

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I cooked a Boston butt and a fatty yesterday evening. I didn't plan for it to happen this way, but I had some drinks on the deck last night and needed something meaty for breakfast. So then this happened.

6lb butt rubbed with Oakridge BBQ beef and pork, with a layer of Dominator on top. Injected with Oakridge Game Changer about 8 hours in advance, wrapped when it had a nice mahogany color, around 170*.

Then I remembered I had a Jimmy Dean mild sausage tube in the fridge and thought it was the perfect opportunity to cook it, so I rubbed it with Oakridge Beef and Pork then a healthy dusting of Habanero Death Dust to give it some zing. It took about 90 minutes to reach 162*, then I pulled it.

The pork came out really delicious, I haven't really been hot on pulled pork lately but this turned out really well. So this morning when I needed something good and meaty for breakfast, I thought why not combine the fatty breakfast sausage and the pulled pork? I used the fatty as a foundation on a King's Hawaiian bun and then piled some pulled pork on top. I used some EAT Barbecue IPO sauce to drizzle over the top of the meat. The kick of heat from the HDD fatty with the savory pulled pork layered on top then the sweet and tangy sauce worked really well together...I'll definitely be refining this sandwich some more :thumb:

Last edited:
There's a barbecue joint in town called Blind Box BBQ. They have a sandwich called "The Notorious P.I.G." and it's smoked sausage with pulled pork on top, followed by really excellent shells and cheese, topped with onion straws and some sauce. It's one of my favorite BBQ sandwiches, over the top ridiculous, so my hangover sandwich was somewhat inspired by that one I suppose.

I'm scratching my head, it IS possible to have breakfast without cheese or bacon in the US??? :razz: :p :razz:

Looks delicious!

Hangover or not I could go for a couple those right now. Looks great. Of course mine would have to have an egg and some cheese on it. Thanks for posting. I think I will go to the Kitchen and make a breakfast sammy with some of the leftover ribs I smoked the other day.

Back