THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dive...do 1 brisket, 1 pack of butts, 1 pack of ribs & family pack of thighs...this will cost you about $80 for the meat. Take the left overs home with you & you have a few meals.

As far as your concerned I don't think it matters if you cook 10 briskets or 1 brisket, Billy's will probably be better, so just buy the one :wink:

Dive...do 1 brisket, 1 pack of butts, 1 pack of ribs & family pack of thighs...this will cost you about $80 for the meat. Take the left overs home with you & you have a few meals.
You actually think I eat what I serve to the judges?!?!?!?

As far as your concerned I don't think it matters if you cook 10 briskets or 1 brisket, Billy's will probably be better, so just buy the one :wink:

Ouch... That was low... Next you'll be saying the same thing about Shane's brisket....

Since Tony and Anita are good friends, some may say I am biased... But as an organizer, I understand the true intentions of their setting up this event. Bottom line, I think they want this to be fun, and simple, and enjoyable to everyone. I think it will be good for barbeque as a whole...

Our event up in Kingsford has a lot of things going on besides the competition that can make an organizer very old, very fast. This event is meant to be simple.... and just bbq. From a judges standpoint.. they should have a ton of them... Judges don't care about the money, they just want an event to do. And there are a lot of judges down that way looking for events to do.

I have talked to some of our local teams who don't get to do many events. They like the sound of this contest because it is another chance to get comp experience... it won't cost them a lot... and it won't be a huge cost weekend for them.

For some of the teams that are close to Montello, it will be a much easier choice as to being there or not. For teams from further away I think it will be a balance of.... the size of the pot.... or the size of the entry fee (and meat and fuel)... Either way, I think a good number of teams will show up for this event. Many of them will most likely be less experienced teams, but not all.

As an organizer I have to admire the fact that Tony and Anita are trying to think outside of the box and come up with some new ideas on how we can continue to build barbeque comps here in the midwest. It's always better when we work together to help build the positive aspects, and pleasures of Q.:grin:

Since Tony and Anita are good friends, some may say I am biased... But as an organizer, I understand the true intentions of their setting up this event. Bottom line, I think they want this to be fun, and simple, and enjoyable to everyone. I think it will be good for barbeque as a whole...

Our event up in Kingsford has a lot of things going on besides the competition that can make an organizer very old, very fast. This event is meant to be simple.... and just bbq. From a judges standpoint.. they should have a ton of them... Judges don't care about the money, they just want an event to do. And there are a lot of judges down that way looking for events to do.

I have talked to some of our local teams who don't get to do many events. They like the sound of this contest because it is another chance to get comp experience... it won't cost them a lot... and it won't be a huge cost weekend for them.

For some of the teams that are close to Montello, it will be a much easier choice as to being there or not. For teams from further away I think it will be a balance of.... the size of the pot.... or the size of the entry fee (and meat and fuel)... Either way, I think a good number of teams will show up for this event. Many of them will most likely be less experienced teams, but not all.

As an organizer I have to admire the fact that Tony and Anita are trying to think outside of the box and come up with some new ideas on how we can continue to build barbeque comps here in the midwest. It's always better when we work together to help build the positive aspects, and pleasures of Q.:grin:
I agree John. I also hope that this is thought of as an opportunity to pass on not only some of the knowledge that experienced teams have but also allow them to experience the camaraderie that is normally found at most comps.

We need some one to start doing the calcutta or side pools again.Miss those boys they were lots of fun in the middle of the nite.

I'm trying to put a team together to cook.... NOW BET ON THAT ONE ! HA.

Fran will most likely be helping Anita. If I don't cook you can bet that I will be there helping her as well. For me.. Hog Wild is 10 months of work. I enjoy helping out some of the local comps where Fran and I can go and just have fun..... And we actually get to spend some time visiting with old friends..... nothing better.

I know how I can cover my costs with this one. Dive, I bet you $100 Coz wins.

I wouldnt bet on that I know who 2 of the other teams already committed are.
I'm not going to take that be either. As much as I would like to pull this one off, I would also like to see some small new team pull it out... What's the line? Any Table on Any Weekend...

Well......I suppose a series of side bets could make up for a lack of official prize money.

Matt
I have a feeling that there are going to be more than a little bit of money transfered in this manor.... lol

I know how I can cover my costs with this one. Dive, I bet you $100 Coz wins.

well--maybe will have to get some whiskey and cigars and pull the trailer 40miles==bbq is about having fun with family and friends--this says it all!

Joe , last time I talked with Anita she was past the 15 teams needed for a qualifier. At Buzzs class this weekend I think there were 2 more teams there that said they were going to enter. She has a ton of CBJs signed on.

Back