THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My choices are limited, 200-225-250-300+ I would love to have a 275, ran a 22lb for 22 hours at 225, was danged and determined to see it through, I now run it low temp for several hours then hit 250. have a couple in the freezer but holding off awhile before I smoke another. I never plan to run anything for 22 hours even as easy as it is, worrying and watching multiple therms which thanks inkbird for the 6 probe unit. I'm not sure I could do 1 at 300 but lets see how yours works out and I will do 1 of mine in a couple months, now that it's easy to share pictures I will show them win or fail.

I still see some people advising that the "low and slow is the way to go" along with soaking wood chunks and preboiling ribs. If you want to do a "forever cook" AKA "warming it to death" then go for it. Might not be as bad as you remember- and if you have no specific time to have it on the table, then give it hell. Me? My thermometer only sees 225 twice...one the way UP - and after a cook on the way down.

With pellets I think lower is better. Maybe not 225 the whole cook but start a little low and kick up the heat after a bit. My pit boss had a hot spot under the center. Really messed up long hot and fast cooks. Started using a pan with rack to raise the food up. Really tho I don't like brisket and butts off the popper

Well my Late start dictates HotnFast

Cheater Cheater Brisket Eater

Pics from my phone say image too big....... ?

back to imgur.......

r1B9Nfbm.jpg

3k4QOjpm.jpg

Adkins Western Style and 16 Mesh black pepper -

DKu0o8Ym.jpg

xGr5TKrm.jpg

I still see some people advising that the "low and slow is the way to go" along with soaking wood chunks and preboiling ribs. If you want to do a "forever cook" AKA "warming it to death" then go for it. Might not be as bad as you remember- and if you have no specific time to have it on the table, then give it hell. Me? My thermometer only sees 225 twice...one the way UP - and after a cook on the way down.
I laughed at the preboiling of the ribs. I'm at the in-laws right now and the FIL has actually done that.
But anyway, my UDS would hardly ever get under 300, so I guess I learned H&F on everything I did.

Back