THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which of these do you consider to be "traditional" barbecue

• Catfish

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Mutton

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • All fish

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chicken

Votes: 55 38.7%
  • Quail

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Dove

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • All fowl

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Venison/Deer

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Moose

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Bear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Whole Hog

Votes: 89 62.7%
  • Pork Ribs

Votes: 95 66.9%
  • Pork Shoulder

Votes: 108 76.1%
  • Pork Fresh Ham

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • Beef Brisket

Votes: 94 66.2%
  • Beef Chuck Roast

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Beef Ribs

Votes: 47 33.1%
  • I'd consider ALL of the above "traditional"

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
Tri-tip is a left coast thing. People in the right coast do not see that cut.
Moink balls and fatties were left off too.

As a resident of the KC metro area, I voted for all since that's what we're known for. We BBQ everything and we're the best at it too. :boxing:

Cool poll... My answer of whole hog is a direct reflection of where I'm from. I might steal this idea from you and do a little polling myself around here. I would be willing to bet that I would get the whole hog answer from folks who grew up around here and a different answer from transplants.

To me it depends on the event. Like the 4th of July, anything pork or beef works for me and my family.

But if you are talking about traditional BBQ, I would have to go with the basics...ribs, chicken, brisket and my favorite...pulled pork.

indians_cooking_fish.jpg

bbq-debry-1.jpg

For those that didn't know it, Boshizzle is the new self-proclaimed BBQ historian :clap2: Although I have yet to see the sources of his information nor has the validity of said sources been confirmed :tsk:

My sources are hidden in secret places called books. Books can be found in places called libraries. And, you can even buy those secret repositories of knowledge in book stores or from online book sellers. So, now you know.

:bow: :cool:

Back